Special thanks to Tim Hammerich for bringing me back on the Future of Agriculture Podcast to look at agricultural technology and entrepreneurship. Our company, IN10T, a digital agricultural company, recently announced FarmerTrials.com. FarmerTrials.com is a platform that connects people who have new ideas and want to test them on farms. Companies get to work with real farmers who have the skill and resources to assess whether these ideas solve real problems that farmers face.
Key lessons in the podcast:
- Problems that existed on the farm before FarmerTrials.com came along
- Requirements farmers had to meet in the past if a company wanted to do farm trials
- Tasks that Farmer Trials manage and facilitate for agribusinesses
- Working in the business versus working on the business
- Why the services offered by Farmer Trials are appealing to companies both big and small
- How Farmer Trials plan to use the Jump Start grant awarded them by Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Who determines the compensation for the projects
I recently had the chance to meet Tim Hammerich at AFA (Agriculture Future of America). We share an interest in Podcasting and he invited me on the show. It was a lot of fun and the episode is filled with new ideas, tactics, and anecdotes that will both entertain and inspire anyone interested in the future of agriculture. Hope you enjoy it!
Check out the Future of Ag Podcast and my friend Tim Hammerich -> Here!
Over the last couple of years, podcasts have become critical while I am in the car or out for a run. I use this time for new ideas, skill refinement and reflection. Below are some podcasts I currently have loaded, but I am always looking for ideas and suggestions!
Life, Hacks, Productivity, and Leadership
Daily Disciple with Rory Vaden
Tim Ferris Show (4-hour workweek)
Read to Lead
Smart People Podcast
Bill Hybels – Willow Creek
DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series
Duct Tape Marketing
This week in Startups
The Startup Grind
Any others you would recommend to me? Send them my way! Click Here