Click Here to for PDF version Kevin Heikes Resume
Passionate entrepreneur with 20 years of experience in AgTech, emerging technologies and innovation focused on the continuation of agricultural modernization. Skilled in data driven insights, modeling, machine learning concepts and mobile technology. Dedicated to designing and building innovative products that solve real challenges for the Agricultural industry by building trust in the ecosystem of subject matter experts, customers, thought leaders and world class engineers. Driven to assemble and lead effective agile teams focused on growing businesses through MVP (Minimally Viable Products), customer insights and market feedback.
|IN10T.io||Lenexa KS||Co-Founder & COO||(November 2016 – Present)|
IN10T| “INˈTENT” is a digital agriculture company founded in 2016 focused on solving farmer adoption challenges in agriculture.
- As Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, I operationalize the business, focus on business development, customer engagement and productize our work.
- IN10T creates custom digital and data science solutions for our customers both in agriculture and those investing in agriculture.
- In10t has experience solving: Adoption (product and platform) product commercialization, startups, strategy, sentiment, customer journey, grain marketing, predictive modeling, agronomy, data analytics, business development and signal processing.
|FarmLink||Kansas City, MO||Vice President of Product||(July 2014 – Nov 2016)|
- Member of executive management team focused on data product commercialization and product strategy
- Developed and led our product committee focused on product roadmaps
- Recruited innovative farmers for field analytics projects in conjunction with Bayer Digital Farming team
- Engaged and trained sales, business development and technical teams on core products, KPI dashboards and CRM
- Led product rollouts to Ag retail verticals
- Developed start-up Operations team and model that served as the information hub and resource center
- Business Development
- Conduct product demonstrations by leading virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential partners and customers demonstrating product utilization and value
- Foster new business relationships with AgTech companies and platforms leveraging combined data, indexes and algorithms.
- Led customer engagement custom analytics project
- Created and implemented go-to-market plans for agriculture coop channel
- Software Data Product
- Determine product fit through the implementation of feedback loops in multiple Ag verticals
- Formulate grain company prototypes encompassing both grain supply models and grain basis analytics.
- Facilitated end of year analysis on customer meetings and generated key learning insights for executive team.
- Create present and future product “use cases” for Ag retail channel.
- Designed digital listening models using tools such as Feedly, IFTTT, Evernote and HootSuite
- Actively engage in the AgTech digital conversation and develop relationships with thought leaders.
- Setup, monitor and analyze Google Analytics data providing key insights and business trends.
- Identified and implemented technology tools/enhancements capable of integrating with Microsoft Dynamics to improve overall customer experience
- Created CRM, issue resolution, hardware activation and internal knowledge base workflows.
|KevinHeikes.com||Lenexa, KS||Founder||(2010 – Present)|
- Designed and Implemented WordPress Platform
- used to communicate concepts on new technology use cases, leadership, productivity hacks and systems
- with a goal of living intentionally and “making every step” count.
- Create content and share content
- Share content related to both business and life on LinkedIn, WordPress, Twitter, and Medium
|DuPont Pioneer (Farms Technology) wholly owned subsidiary of DuPont||Overland Park, KS||BU Manager||(2012–2014)|
- Proposed and implemented the newly formed Kansas City Incubation Business Unit (Farms Technology) for DuPont Pioneer and led integration from start-up Company to a Fortune 100 company.
- Led integration projects including collaborating with legal and accounting functions regarding patent definition, infringement, defense, migration to DuPont Pioneer SAP and transition from internal billing to DTN/The Progressive Farmer.
- Selected as Farms Technology liaison on integration committee with DuPont Pioneer and DTN/The Progressive Farmer.
- Re-architected pricing model from transactional to flat price based on customer feedback; executed a marketing plan for a rebranded experience and mobile-focused product.
- Led internal sales team training and created training materials for DuPont Pioneer services team including tactics, objectives and value based selling.
- Realigned Software Development team to focus on mobile grain trading implemented by companies like Valereo Renewable, CHS Inc. and Green Plains Grain.
- Designed the Interactive Command Center allowing for real-time system activity such as Google Analytics, system performance, key trends and social streams influencing grain trade.
- Facilitated strategic planning and business model for next generation services at DuPont Pioneer such as Encirca, digital listening platform and competitive analysis.
Acquired by DuPont Pioneer
|Overland Park, KS||Director of Operations||(2006 – 2012)|
- Served as a key member of the senior management team overseeing operations, project management, marketing, and strategic development of both the Dynamic Pricing Platform private cash grain exchange and the Pioneer MarketPoint grain trading platforms.
- Provided oversight of team monitoring trading systems, grain exchanges and all Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) connections for Pioneer MarketPoint and Dynamic Pricing Platform (DPP).
- Created a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system allowing our team to support 150+ buyers over 15,000 farmers.
|American Royal Association||Kansas City, MO||Vice President of Technology & Operations||2003-2006)|
- Managed team of six direct reports and multiple business units including Information Technology and Project Management.
- Developed CRM technology information system and virtual web system with on-line sales, registration, volunteer, and client management as well as operational, security, technology and event budgets.
- Created a virtual American Royal web-based technology system that received close to 500,000 user sessions, 9 mm page views at americanroyal.com producing a savings total business transaction savings in excess $500,000.
- Managed the analysis, budgeting, planning, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology integration and upgrade.
- Developed strategy plans for ongoing information technology improvement, software development; created and executed the first operational plan for the 105 year old organization.
|Sprint PCS||Overland Park, KS||Business/Systems Analyst||(2001-2002)|
- Worked on 3G phone online activations team as liaison between Sprint PCS.com marketing and development teams
- Analyzed daily usage and transactional data to recommend user solutions.
|Farms.com||Memphis, TN||Sales / Marketing||(2000-2001)|
- Managed the creation of a web-enabled livestock risk management product utilizing market/risk forecasting tools.
- Created online cattle auction platforms
Master of Agribusiness Bachelor of Science
Kansas State University – Manhattan, KS Colorado State University – Fort Collins, CO
August, 2010 May, 2000