Why have a blog? I enjoyed Michael Hyatt’s recent podcast “10 REASONS EVERY LEADER NEEDS A BLOG”. Here are the 10: (Link to original post)
1. improve your communication skills.
2. create a repository for your best thinking.
3. provide thought leadership
4. raise your organization’s visibility.
5. share your vision
6. network with people who can help you.
7. build trust others
8. build authority in your niche
9. gather feedback from your constituents.
10. mentor the next generation of leaders.
I have been journaling and capturing notes on a private blog and within Evernote since my heart surgery in 2010. I have never really thought about sharing these thoughts more publicly. As my journey has continued to evolve, this podcast opened thoughts as to the benefits of sharing our story.
For me, it is simply making every step count!